Video calls are making our lives easier in both individual and business life. 11Sight is taking the ease of usage to the next level and provides one click video chat. Would you like to know more about video calls and conferences? We have brought some interesting facts together for you. Let’s go ahead...
First video call of the World actually goes way too far to 1960s. Popular service provider of the USA, AT&T (named Bell at that time), invented and implemented this technology in 1964. The difference from today was that the service was not internet-based. They used the same infrastructure with the telephone services. In 1960s, this was a breakthrough. First implementation was at the World Fair New York, in 20th April 1964. Visitors who entered the booth with a camera and a screen, could talk to an employee at Disneyland California for 15 minutes. And if we said that employee had a Mickey Mouse filter on his face – that would be a little bit too much... The service could transfer only 30 black-and-white frames per second. Plus, the users must stay still during the call! The system was called “Picturephone” and 6 products were on display at the fair. (Sözcü)
A lot has changed since 1964. Video call users have increased 87% in the last 2 years. These calls are decreasing expenses of companies while increasing team collaboration and productivity. Here are 11 video call facts from 11Sight:
- In the USA, business people make 11 million video calls per day, 55 million per week and 220 million per year. (Highfive)
- The time that employees spend on video call has increased 10% each year since 2000. (Highfive)
- An average video call lasts 31 minutes to 60 minutes. (Highfive)
- 87% of video call users say that they would prefer this to face-to-face meetings, where distance is an issue. (Lifesize)
- Consumers expect to get a response from customer support within 10 minutes or less (Hubspot): It takes no time if you use 11Sight.
- 94% of businesses who use video calls say that it increases productivity. (Wainhouse Research)
- 87% of remote workers claim they feel more connected to their team and company, thanks to video calls. They see %100 reliable and clean video chats as a matter of productivity. (Gigaom)
- Data from PGI shows that, 66% of candidates prefer to use video calls as part of the recruitment process. This could be beneficial for both parties by decreasing transportation costs and saving time.
- Companies who use video calls for sales and customer support can save 30% from their transportation costs. (PGI)
- 70 % of buying experience depends on how the customer is treated. Customers will like 1-1 video calls because their queries will get immediate answers with it. (Econsultancy)
- 70% of consumers prefer human agents to AI technologies. With 11Sight, you can surprise your customers by the help of a debonair employee.American writer Shep Hyken says “A brand is defined by the customers’ experience. The experience is delivered by the employees.” We are saying that the experience is delivered by the employees, on1-1 video calls.
What About the Future?
It is certain that more people will be able to access the video call in the near future and the call quality will increase. The Internet of Things (IoT) trend will also affect video calls. It's even started. Today, as an example of wearable technology, smart watches can make video calls. But what comes next? More technological tools will be integrated with video calling features. The tools of smart home systems will be included. With holograms and perhaps more realistic technologies, we will be able to meet our loved ones instantly from everywhere.
We don't know what the future will bring, but our content from today will continue. Stay tuned to find out what you can do with 11Sight! Click now for a free trial. See you soon!